Eligibility: All female students of SWLC’s partner institution
Theme: Save Earth Save Us: For All Life on Earth
Essays can include personal life-experiences, theories on the theme, creative ideas, and activities for environmental restoration in your community.
Possible topics for the essay:
- Ecological Justice
- Ecosystem and Biodiversity
- Eco-feminism and Women’s Leadership
- Mother Nature and Spirituality
- Development of Sustainable Future in Climate Crisis/Global Warming
- Saving Energy and Renewable Energy
- ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance)
- Clean-up of Air, Water and Soil Pollution
Length and Format
- All essays must be double spaced in Times New Roman 12pt, in MS Word format.
- Length of essays should be maximum 2,000 words, with pages numbered. (This does not include referencing such as footnotes and bibliography).
- Include photos of your project (1 to 3 pictures).
- A short video (up to 3 minutes) can be submitted by uploading a video link to the application form.
1. Download the essay format from Scranton Women’s Leadership Center website (scrantoncenter.org) to write your essay.
2. Click the link below to fill out the application form and upload your essay.
The winner of the contest will be selected as Scranton Scholar for the following year.
- All essays must be original (my own product), written in English.
- Plagiarism and off-topic will result in disqualification.
- Each student may submit only one essay.
- If the essay is a teamwork of faculty and students, the faculty member should submit the essay as the representative of the team.
- By submitting your work, you agree to accept the official guidelines and decisions of the judges as final, and you are giving Scranton Women’s Leadership Center permission to post your writing on our website and social media.
- For further inquiries, contact us at email@example.com
Submission deadline: December 31, 2021, 11:59 PM (KST)
Announcement of winners: February 25, 2022
The result of the contest will be posted on Scranton Women’s Leadership Center’s website, (scrantoncenter.org) and all winners will be notified individually.