- Learn and experience Korea
- Practice leadership as global women leader
- Build network with outstanding Scranton Scholars from other parts of the world
- Experience the modern and traditional Korean culture
- Explore the city of Seoul including cultural and historical sites
- Attend workshops and lectures relating to women’s leadership
- 20 outstanding Scranton Scholars (Undergraduate or/and Graduate) from abroad will be selected among the scholarship recipients from 2014 to 2016
- 5 outstanding foreign graduate women students in Korea will be selected among the applicants from Scranton Networks.
* Korean young women students from Methodist Theological University will be together for you!
Who may apply:
- Anyone who has received Scranton Scholarship (Undergraduate or/and Graduate) from 2014 to 2016
- Anyone who is foreign graduate women student in Korea from Scranton Networks.
- Grade point average (GPA) equivalent to A or higher in the previous academic year
- Proof of leadership qualities in the community, volunteer works and other creative activities on and off campus.
The Number of Recruitment:
- The total number that we are recruiting now: 15 scholars
* We already gave a priority to 10 scholars who had been selected on the campaign for International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women. Total number of scholar participants will be 25.
This is an award scholarship from Scranton Women’ Leadership Center.
Full scholarship of air travel, program, room and board will be provided.
Personal expenses will be the responsibility of the individual.
Application Requirements with Online Application:
- Official transcript of the previous year
- Copy of valid passport
- 3 Recommendations from:
(1) President of the University or College
(2) President/Officer of a club or organization in your school that you are a member of
(3) Leader of the religious community or volunteer organization that you are a part of
(This person can be your pastor or priest.)
Please download the 3 forms of recommendations. Recommendations should be typed and sent directly by the recommender by February 28th, 2017.
If you are interested, please submit all the requirements to the Office of International Affairs no later than February 27, 2017.